This is the night after tribal council. Russ is pissed that Parv and Danielle are in cahoots. They didn’t tell him about the plan. Rupert and Amanda talk. They want to bring Sandra over to their side.
Archive for April, 2010
Tags: cbs, entertainment, Heroes Vs Villains, Jeff Probst, reality tv, recap, review, survivor, Survivor 20, tv
Tags: Apartment Therapy, blogs, home office, Israel, Mac, Psleda, technology, unplggd
When we first noticed these workstations, we were pretty surprised at how much tech was displayed. What’s even more surprising was that they all belong to the same person, a dentist from Istanbul, and she enjoys going through different configurations in order to set up the perfect home office.
Tags: bike, carbon fiber, cycling, Di2, Dura Ace, Geos, road, shimano, velocite, weight weenie
I’ll be receiving a Velocite Geos prototype frame at the end of May. I’ve decided to build it up with Shimano Dura Ace Di2. Here is what my preliminary build list looks like. Since this is a budget weenie and I’m also sourcing parts from the second hand market, I’ve decided for a bunch of reasons to stay away from high-priced German carbon fiber parts. This is a “best bang for the buck” type of build. Ideally, it should have been built up with SRAM Red, since that is the lightest gruppo, but I decided to go with Di2. I’ve been itching to try it out.
Tags: blogs, camera, film, instant, Polaroid, Technabob, technology
The new (old) Polaroid camera, the Polaroid 300, is about to be released in May. That’s great news, because I always liked the instant photos that Polaroids took. However, there’s some bad news: it costs $90 (USD). On top of that, you’ll have to pay $10 for just 10 shots.
Tags: blogs, geek art, peter roof, stained glass, Technabob, technology, tv
This is what I tweeted about today…
- 00:51 ignoring my voluble cat. #
- 00:56 Well, that didn’t last long. I just played with the cat. Yoda is a persistent kitty cat. #
- 01:12 @kristenlubbe if it makes you feel better, it’s 1AM in Taipei, so you can go ahead and take a few shots for me. #
- 01:18 @kristenlubbe Not so bad, Finished all my writing about two hours ago and reading some bike forums. #
- 01:24 @kristenlubbe Oh, just started watching Defendor, continuing with the superhero theme. @katiewest recommended it. #
- 12:06 Love the New Doctor? Get A TARDIS Cookie Jar!: wp.me/pWvW-3I5 #
- 12:07 iFixit’s Free Repair Manuals Let Everyone Try DIY: wp.me/pWvW-3I8 #
- 12:09 Life Size Bender Will Bend Your Socks Off!: wp.me/pWvW-3Ia #
- 12:51 Day 4 of no refined sugars in my diet. I guess I taste my tea more. #
- 12:51 Defendor was a good movie, but I liked Hit Girl in Kick Ass better. #
- 13:08 Wow, latest South Park episode was totally boring. Skipped through most of it. #
- 14:17 Velocite Geos 57cm Size Frame Weighs 877g: wp.me/pWvW-3Id #
- 15:19 @20C Nope, this one is a carbon fiber frame. The Velocite titanium frame is a lot heavier, at 1.2kg just for the frame. #
- 15:52 Tokyoflash Kisai Broke Watch Looks Like Shards of Broken Glass: wp.me/pWvW-3HR #
- 20:40 You can miaow and I don’t care! me to Yoda. #
Follow me @djrange
Tags: blogs, Japan, Technabob, technology, tokyoflash, watch
Tags: Asterisk*Cycles, bikes, cycling, frames, Geos, Lightweight, road, velocite
Just saw that the new Velocite Geos frame weighs 877g in size L. Victor anticipates that the S size will weigh 790g. That’s pretty cool! The prototype frames come in a high gloss finish, necessitating more paint coats, so it can easily shed some weight if it’s got a raw finish instead with clearcoat.
Tags: Bender, blogs, cartoon, Futurama, replica, robots, Technabob, technology
One of the best things in Futurama was Bender. Sure, the professor was cool, but Bender just had that certain appeal, especially with his robotic drinking and smoking ways.
Tags: Apartment Therapy, blogs, DIY, gadget, gizmos, iFixit, manual, news, repair, technology, unplggd
Recently, iFixit announced that it was going to create easy manuals that would allow everyone to do some DIY repairs on their tech instead of just creating more e-waste. As iFixit’s founder explains, e-waste is becoming a real problem in landfills everywhere.