This great-looking workstation comes directly from Shanghai, China. It’s amazing how you can change the look and feel of a home office with the right decorations. Although this might not be for everyone, it will give you ideas on how to customize your own home office.
Archive for June, 2010
Tags: Apartment Therapy, blogs, reader rooms, shanghai, technology, unplggd, workstation
Tags: at-at, Patrick Boivin, pet, robot, Star Wars, Technabob, video
While I’ve never thought of AT-ATs or Imperial Walkers from Star Wars as particularly cute, the following video definitely presents them as a nice robotic pet to have around. I can already see the animated version coming to a HDTV near you!
Tags: accessory, blogs, dock, iBox, iPad, Technabob, technology
This is what I tweeted about today…
- 00:57 Great game. #GER totally beat the shit out of #ENG, even though there was a goal that wasn’t counted, from #ENG. #
- 00:58 #ENG was totally beaten by the stronger & younger #GER team. #
- 01:02 #GER team’s counter-attack really made minced meat of #ENG. By the time they recovered, goals were scored. #
- 01:03 Great ball play and tactics by #GER. Completely outplayed the #ENG team. #ENG needed a stronger offense. #
- 01:05 #Özil was really great. Game wasn’t as fun when #GER 2nd squad took over. At least that was only for the last 10 minutes. #
- 01:11 Crowd at Brass Monkey was definitely more pro #GER than #ENG. Still, it was a great game. I had fun #
- 01:15 Yesterday I read up what happened to the #FRA team. Really bad. They should be ashamed. Not a lot in English, but more in the French press #
- 02:02 @20C Je pense que c’était Le Monde. Plein d’articles sur ce qu’il s’est passé avec Anelka etc puis leur réception en France. #
- 02:03 @20C Ouais, ils n’étaient pas forts. Même avec le but non-compté, ça n’aurait pas fait beaucoup de différence. #
- 02:03 @20C Je comprends pas pq ils ont boycotté l’entrainement. Ils se sont comportés come des gamins et ont ternis l’image de la France. #
- 02:04 @20C Je m’attendais de plus de Djibril Cissé en particulier. #
- 02:24 signing off now. #
- 11:56 @20C Il a participé en ne faisant rien. Il n’a pas dit qq chose de particulier. #
- 11:56 @20C Je sais pas. Je me disais que qq chose comme cela, ça arriverait jamais à l’équipe allemande. #
- 13:38 Big Brother UK S11E19 (Channel 4): wp.me/pWvW-43d #
- 22:06 Hmm. I think I need to log off now or I will spoil my #WorldCup fun. #
- 22:27 25 KM Pre-Thunderstorm Ride: wp.me/pWvW-43h #
Follow me @djrange
Tags: bicycle, bike, cycling, ride, training
I’ve been wanting to go out on a bike ride for the last few days, but the late afternoon rains always got the better of me. I got an earlier start today, so I had a few hours to kill before my next teaching gig. I took the opportunity to head out on the bike.
The cycling paths were completely deserted at around 2PM. It was a really nice time to go out. There was a fair bit of wind, and it seemed like when I hit Jonghe, it had already rained. Luckily, the wind was blowing in my favor and I managed to complete my ride without getting wet. I did get a bit dirty, but it was all in good fun.
I completed the ride in 41:38. I’m still getting used to all of the construction that they’ve completed on the cycling paths. That’s an average speed of 36.14 kph. Not bad, but at the top of my form last year, I was doing about 34 minutes for the same ride.
I guess that the annoying part was that I had to teach afterward. I was tired, hungry, and got a pulsating headache from the kids. Luckily, it was over quickly.
* * * * *
weekly km count: 0
monthly km count: 0
yearly km count: 0
weekly km count: 25
monthly km count: 50
yearly km count: 75
Tags: BBUK, BBUK 11, Big Brother, Channel 4, entertainment, reality tv, recap, review, UK
Moley thinks that he’s going to go. Govan has got his own suspicions of who will go. Josie says that Dave will go. The HM are still on basic rations. Also, they don’t have any hot water. Yvette is taking a shower. Ben says that mashed chick peas with oil and lemon are good as hummus, but alone they’re boring.
Scabby and Caoimhe are cooking some rice. Yvette tells JJ that she went around the world alone. She was mugged in Turkey. This is what prompted her trip around the world.
This is what I tweeted about today…
- 00:29 For some reason the wife loves the World Cup. I like football, but since Michael Jordan quite basketball, disdain organized team sports. #
- 12:57 Birmingham (via Iconic Photos): wp.me/pWvW-42U #
- 13:31 @zoetica Happy wedding anniversary! #
- 13:33 @chaselisbon Hey, I wouldn’t mind a follow #
- 14:15 More rain in Taipei. Lots of rain. The wife wants to go see #ENG Vs #GER #
- 14:54 Caught up what happened to the #FRA #world cup team. Wow, what a bunch of wankers. #
- 15:06 Doctor Who The Big Bang S05E13 (BBC): wp.me/pWvW-42Z #
- 15:22 Raining even harder in Taipei. #
- 16:57 2011 TIME RXR-S Ulteam: wp.me/pWvW-433 #
- 18:15 freaking torrent sites sometimes are like Chinese Bureaucracies. Anyone have a TheBox.bz invite to spare? Mine account got deleted for unuse #
- 18:49 Going to the Brass Monkey to watch #ENG vs #GER I’ll be rooting for #GER because I was born there. #
- 18:50 The wife will be cheering for #ENG #
Follow me @djrange
Tags: bike, carbon fiber, cycling, frame, road, RXR, RXR-S, Time, Ulteam
Press shots and ads have started to appear for the 2011 RXR-S from TIME. As previously announced, the module will come in BB30 and Di2-compatible varieties as well, so that’s appealing. There will probably also be a limited version like for the RXR, including a VIP module and a team module with different paintjobs.