Beautiful photos on abandoned Paris Metro stations that are coupled with an interesting article on the its history.
Archive for December, 2010
Tags: blogs, metro, Paris, photos, sleepcity
Tags: blogs, game, NES, prototype, retro, Technabob, technology, video, Zelda
Ah, The Legend of Zelda. I played that game for hours and hours and I wasn’t the only one. The game also hooked my sister, who no longer plays any video games, but still loves Zelda. An early build of the first Zelda has surfaced that wasn’t as hard as the one we all played on our NES.
Read more @ Technabob
Tags: Adamo, blogs, Dell, laptop, notebook, pricing, Technabob, technology, ultraportable
Tags: blogs, daily, tweets, Twitter
- 00:27:57: 7C outside in Taipei, Taiwan. Pretty cold for here, but that’s nothing for a Quebecois. I’m comfy at -30C. Well, maybe not, but it’s fine.
- 00:29:33: @pattonoswalt Probably not. It’s Heff w playboy bunnies coming out of his mansion.
- 00:31:27: Gonna watch the Top Gear Christmas special. They need a new Stig, with the old one having written a tell all autobiography.
- 00:35:10: “You haven’t been brave, you’ve been stupid!” Jezzer in Top Gear
- 00:40:03: “You’ve landed in Iraq.” Top Gear Christmas Special after they were handed helmets and bulletproof vests.
- 00:42:13: “Have you ever seen a TV program called the news?”
- 00:56:43: RT @t_newschronicle Indian Satellite Rocket Explodes After Lift-Off http://bit.ly/hKkmGy
- 01:17:42: “We can modify our cars for desert sneaking.”
- 03:03:45: From Twitter 12-27-2010: http://wp.me/pWvW-4Yo
- 07:58:51: Nissan Leaf CARWINGS Game: Get the Best Mileage!: http://wp.me/pWvW-4Yr
- 08:00:23: Thermaltake’s Max 5G Dual Fan Hard Drive Keeps Your Drives Cool: http://wp.me/pWvW-4Yt
- 20:51:45: Went on a field trip. It was fun and strangely hot in the sun, but cold in the shade. I didn’t dress with the right amount of layers.
- 20:55:15: @jennymbutler @Joelle_writes IT Crows is so funny, but short. Latest series is hilarious.
- 20:56:10: RT @jennymbutler: “What operating system does it use?” “Vista” “We’re all going to die!” #itcrowd
- 20:57:53: RT @glass: 2008 favorites: http://chrisglass.com/photos/2008/favorite/
- 21:00:20: RT @brem: J’ai rien mangé aujourdhui, pis j’ai pas faim…
- 21:02:25: Quick thoughts on Pinboard http://bit.ly/h1D24i
- 21:02:31: RT @MichaelSurtees: Blizzageddon 2010: Design Notes http://bit.ly/hYDB7o
- 21:03:09: So cool! @taptaptap is giving out custom engraved X-ray iPads! http://campl.us
- 21:05:10: One of the best things of having a MBP 17 is the battery life. 8+ hours is amazing. I last charged my MBP on Sunday.
- 21:09:33: Valentina Zelyaeva by David Burton http://t.co/X5kYHeN
- 21:13:06: I saw a strange and funny sight at the Taipei 101 mall; a 2-year old girl in a stroller intently staring at an iPhone, playing some game.
- 21:16:06: 8 hours is w brightness on the max & cst use. With the energy save settings, disk+screen switch off but still brightmax, it’s over 10 hours.
- 21:16:23: NSFW RT @voyonsvoir Venus in Furs avec Andrea Abrego, .. http://bit.ly/i18b1K #Andrea #Abrego #Catalogue #Eugenia #Vidal #NSFW
- 21:16:47: RT @inkbutter Bridget Blonde x WOLF189 http://retwt.me/1QkMe
- 21:18:35: Agnete Hegelund by Karen Collins http://t.co/WPR58jw
- 21:20:00: One K2 girl named Doris had brought enough snacks for the whole class and was glad to share it. I love that.
- 21:21:24: @abhinavkmr i know. Been giving Safari a try on my new MBP. The Zoom is a necessary factor when dealing with high rez screens.
- 21:26:34: My Tech Top 10: Range Govindan: http://wp.me/pWvW-4Yw
- 21:27:41: My mother-in-law gave me Harlan Coben’s Long Lost. I really dislike it, but I’m 100p away from finishing. I started it two days ago.
- 21:29:13: I hate how Coben talks about music. ie Duran Duran told us to save a prayer 4 the morning after. WTF asshole F off Still Im almost finished.
- 21:30:01: This doesn’t just happen once or twice, but at least 10 times in the last 300 pages. WTF. Coben, won’t be reading your books again.
- 21:33:07: Outdoor Furniture and Decor Best of Spring 2010: Post Roundup: http://wp.me/pWvW-4YA
- 21:37:18: Cartier Astroregulateur Watch Flies In Space http://t.co/NezBLC2
- 21:56:21: Update: Farm Animals Get 80 Percent of Antibiotics Sold in U.S. http://t.co/g8Gqy5D
- 22:01:19: Christmas across the globe – The Big Picture – Boston.com http://t.co/zkhVN5L
- 22:49:07: “Lucas Remick is Canadian. Probably explains why he’s so nice.”
- 23:06:01: Photoshop fails yet again. FU for stopping to work while I’m working!
- 23:20:58: Tonight, it’s the Ms Marple holiday special. “I might look like an old lady, but I’m a shrewd detective!”
- 23:23:09: Just finished working and it’s 11:22 PM. I have no emails so it’s time to walk Spike in the frigging cold, eat something and watch Ms Marple
- 23:23:52: @purplelime Hey Sam, I got myself a MBP 17 i7 2.8GHz. It’s pretty cool and has massive battery power.
- 23:26:06: Glad I don’t have a car. The Finite World – http://nyti.ms/h0f2Oq
- 23:28:44: @purplelime yes. 8+ hours of battery life. usually 10 or more. It’s quite amazing. Spent some time installing software on the weekend
- 23:29:33: @purplelime + a few small apps to make it more PC-like, SteerMouse and RightZoom. Not regretting the purchase
- 23:30:04: @purplelime I also like the UNIX terminal. nicer than MSDOS. reminds me of uni.
Follow me @ twitter.com/djrange
Tags: Apartment Therapy, best of 2010, blogs, decor, garden, green, Outdoor Furniture, Re-Nest, technology
Decorating your home and getting the right outdoor furniture has never been easy. You have to find the right balance between a number of different things in order to get the right combination. At Re-Nest, we enjoy lounging about in our gardens during the summer months. This gets a lot easier when you’ve found or cobbled together the best outdoor furniture possible without breaking the bank. Here are our picks for 2010.
• 1 Green Style: Outdoor Furniture from Scout Regalia
• 2 Vintage Patio Sets and Garden Furniture
• 3 How To Make An Outdoor Pallet Lounger
• 4 How to Create an Outdoor Living Room
• 5 7 Eco-Friendly Outdoor Sofas
Tags: Apartment Therapy, blogs, Meet the Team, My Tech, technology, top 10, unplggd
Happy holidays, my name is Range and I’m currently a contributor for Unplggd. I also write for Apartment Therapy’s Re-Nest and a few other online publications. I started out as a computer programmer and mathematician. Then, I moved onto working in finance. Finally, I moved to Asia to teach English with my wife in 2006. I’m currently a graduate student in Mathematics, a Kindergarten and elementary school teacher, and a freelancer. Writing for Unplggd has always been something that I enjoy doing, since it focuses on design and technology that’s featured in our homes.
Tags: blogs, computing, enclosure, fans, hard drives, Technabob, technology, Thermaltake
It always baffles me when people opt for those lightweight, portable, and small hard drive enclosures. Don’t get me wrong, they are easily portable, but there’s one thing that you should know: fast hard drives can generate a lot of heat, and if you external hard drive will be on for hours, then it’s best to get one with fans.
Read more @ Technabob
Tags: blogs, electric, energy efficiency, Fuel, game, leaf, Nissan, Technabob, technology
Anyone who’s played games on any modern console knows that your gameplay can be ranked via these Internet connected systems. I remember the first time I plugged in an old Xbox and saw how I ranked in the U.S. Now Nissan is taking a page out of the Xbox Live book with their new car, the Nissan Leaf.
Read more @ Technabob
Tags: blogs, daily, tweets, Twitter
- 00:35:32: “You will take this job of protecting me, I have enemies.” “Non” replied Poirot
- 00:36:01: 4.5°C in Taipei. Pretty cold, for Taiwan.
- 00:36:40: My wife has a password problem on her MacBook and I can’t reset it easily. She’ll just have to continue using Photoshop CS4
- 00:55:34: Wish it was snowing here in Taipei and I didn’t have to go into work tomorrow. I’m teaching 5 hours then I’m writing a few posts.
- 00:57:24: Murder on the Orient Express is a good little movie. The Poirot stories are one of the most cerebral detective stories around.
- 01:00:51: RT @claytoncubitt: American health insurance is like a country club, you wouldn’t want to be a member of any one you can afford.
- 01:05:18: “Put a sewer rat in a suit, and he’s still a sewer rat. He’s just in a suit.” the butler in Murder on the Orient Express.
- 01:07:28: “They settled his debt with a knife.” The personal secretary or Ratchet, who was murdered on the Orient Express.
- 01:35:50: RT @parislemon: Flickr Should Have Built Instagram. But They Didn’t. Here’s Why. http://t.co/oqXdG9m
- 03:03:31: From Twitter 12-26-2010: http://wp.me/pWvW-4Yf
- 07:53:02: Selected Quotes From Murder on the Orient Express With Hercule Poirot: http://wp.me/pWvW-4Yd
- 07:57:03: Californication Exile on Main St S04E01 (Showtime): http://wp.me/pWvW-4Yi
- 08:00:26: Californication Suicide Solution S04E02 (Showtime): http://wp.me/pWvW-4Yl
- 20:58:40: Long-ish day. Got to finish a post for Re-Nest before tackling some more work.
- 20:59:07: RT @kristenlubbe: My bro & fiance are so dumb I can’t even explain why I’ve been standing soaking wet & freezing in a 7-11 for the past …
- 21:00:03: RT @claytoncubitt: I’m tweeting from inside my tauntaun. #snowpocalypse #nycHoth
- 21:02:39: @jennymbutler Nikon D700 on a steal or an upcoming D800. I’ve got a D200 and I’m itching to upgrade.
- 21:02:50: RT @claytoncubitt: Someone’s going to need to come tenderly blow on my testicles so they descend again. #snowpocalypse
- 21:06:09: Emily Blunt by Paola Kudacki http://t.co/Xi9iblO
- 21:07:08: Patricia van der Vliet by Mariano Vivanco http://t.co/JfQyVFK
- 21:08:33: NSFW RT @voyonsvoir Jani Askevold http://bit.ly/g9jWjl #Jani #Askevold #NSFW
- 21:12:21: Camera+ 2 is out for iPhone! @taptaptap is giving out custom TSA #GropeFree Edition iPads each day for 12 days to celebrate http://campl.us
- 21:13:51: Just cooked some Thai green curry chicken.
- 21:14:15: I saw Californication on the weekend. I didn’t expect to see Addison Timlin’s tits.
- 21:15:53: In fact, I didn’t know anything about Addison Timlin. After googling her, looks like she’s some teen actress.
- 21:17:07: RT @viacomit: ───╔╔╩╩╝────────────❉─ ──▄██▄──░░░░░❉──────── ────████████▄░░──❉──── ──░▐▀▀█▀▀█▀█░░░░░───❉─ ░░░░▀▄▌░▄▌▄▌░❉░░░░░░░░
- 21:17:10: RT @viacomit: ✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦ ✦╔╗╗╔╔╗░╦╔╗╔╦╗╔╦╗╔╗╔╗✧ ✧║░╠╣╠╩╗║╚╗░║░║║║╠╣╚╗✦ ✦╚╝╝╝╩░╩╚╚╝░╩░╝╝╝╝╩╚╝✧ ✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
- 21:17:43: RT @viacomit: “Obscur conte de fée” Editorial by Raphael Ouellet http://goo.gl/fb/ZVDQX
- 21:19:38: This is the wallpaper that I settled on for my MBP 17 http://rarewallpapers.com/color-bars.html
- 21:28:46: The small apps that I use to make OS X behave are RightZoom http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/30591/right-zoom and lazy mouse.
- 21:38:43: NSFW http://t.co/6EWuaoH
- 23:00:26: Actually, it wasn’t Lazy Mouse but SteerMouse. SteerMouse snaps the pointer to dialog boxes. RightZoom maximizes windows w green button
- 23:01:54: Found a reason to switch to Firefox on my Mac. Safari doesn’t remember zoom levels for sites that I visit. That didn’t last long.
- 23:02:30: just enabled tap to click. WTF was I thinking?
- 23:02:46: Ah, the trackpad is so much smoother with this.
- 23:07:49: Anyone except a teenager who tells me that young adult novels are their favorite needs to read more. A lot more.
- 23:07:57: Heck I read a lot and I still need to read more.
- 23:15:11: RT @springpad Import your Delicious Bookmarks to Springpad « Springpad Blog http://bit.ly/gUndNL
- 23:16:58: NSFW Michelle Buswell by David Bellemere http://j.mp/hjcWYz
- 23:20:02: RT @glass: I’m 3 years behind on posting favorite photos for the year. I’m determined to catch up: http://chrisglass.com/photos/2007/fav …
- 23:32:15: Olivia Wilde in Flaunt Magazine http://t.co/VIr0fV9
- 23:37:51: It’s the holidays. I got 10 emails today, down from my usual 20-50.
- 23:43:19: An iPhone Lover’s Take On Windows Phone http://t.co/9fsNVVV
- 23:43:30: “That said, the web browser on Windows Phone is an abomination. It’s hard to describe how bad it is.” http://t.co/9fsNVVV
- 23:44:45: Cuban medics in Haiti put the world to shame – Health News, Health & Families – The Independent http://ind.pn/fh6Ni1
- 23:51:32: Finished about 20 minutes ago and was reading some interesting articles that I tweeted. Working on two computers now, my MBP 17 and my PC.
- 23:54:25: My co-teacher is taking the day off and she has to pay her for her sub. The day off is naturally without pay.
- 23:55:08: Then again, my last day off was in July or so. This year, NYE is on the weekend, so no days off.
- 23:55:45: None for Christmas either, but at least we get Chinese New Year. It’s either a week or ten days without pay, naturally.
- 23:56:15: Tomorrow we are going on a field trip. I hope that we come back at 1PM so that I don’t have to work in the afternoon.
Follow me @ twitter.com/djrange
Tags: adult, californication, Californication S04E02, david duchovny, marriage, review, sex, showtime, Suicide Solution, television, tv, writer's block
How long will it take Hank to mess things up with Karen? Not very long. Hank’s usual nice disposition doesn’t win him any favorites when he tries to talk his way out of a warning. He just gets arrested.
I enjoyed the whole first series. I enjoyed the second series as well. Even though some critics were against some of the more controversial scenes, I enjoyed them. It paints an interesting picture of the life of Hank Moody and his messed up life. Hank has been a real asshole in the past, but at the end of it all he’s a good man. If you thought that the second season was going to be any less controversial, think again. This time, it’s mouth rape. The third season starts smoothly enough.
Warning: Spoilers ahead and strong language.