There are a lot of good books that have come out since mid-October. The flood hasn’t stopped and I am currently reading 8 books at the same time, which is unusual. I usually like to read one book at a time, maybe too. This is probably down to the fact that The Instructions is such a time-consuming read. Unlike 1Q84, which is of similar length, and Reamde, the words seem to flow less in The Instructions, making it a harder read.
I’ll probably finish Strong Motion, the Bolano book, and The Year of the Flood this week. Then I’ll target the new Eco book and World Without End. Hopefully by early December, I’ll be down to only 2 or 3.
- Strong Motion by Jonathan Franzen, 50%
- The Instructions by Adam Levin, 61%
- World Without End by Ken Follett, 15%
- The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco, 20%
- The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood, 30% <- 69th book that I’ve read this year
- Armageddon in Retrospect by Kurt Vonnegut, 20%
- Nazi Literature in the Americas by Roberto Bolano, 20%
- The Island of the Day Before by Umberto Eco, 30%