Archive for the 'memetics' Category
Tags: 2008, Google, search, technology, trends, zeitgeist
- sarah palin
- beijing 2008
- facebook login
- tuenti Spanish facebook
- heath ledger
- nasza klasa Polish facebook
- wer kennt wen German facebook
- euro 2008
- jonas brothers Some American boyband
Others are a bit more perplexing. I was curious enough to google them and find out more. All of the search words that I didn’t know are social networking sites, facebooks from other countries in other languages. A nice pêle-mêle.
Tags: asides, global, Kevin Kelly, nova spivak, organism, super, Technium, Twine
Tags: asides, astroturfing, BBC, blog, flog, sock puppets, spam, splog, technology
Tags: coding, dashboard, education, Google, Google summer of Code, mathematics, programming, wordpress, wordpress 2.5
I’ve been pretty busy today writing up applications and proposals for the Google Summer of Code. I’ve got about four applications down. I’ll write a few more in the coming hours. I have until 5PM tomorrow to complete them. Most of the projects are above my coding expertise. However there are a few research projects that are very interesting.
I’ll be happy if I get selected, but I’m not getting my hopes up. There must be thousands of applicants and only 1500 bursars. I’m just a bit miffed that WordPress hasn’t got that many project ideas. I think that I’ll still propose an idea of mine to WordPress. Most of them involve a lot of coding. I don’t know how I feel about that. Still, I would like to work for WordPress through Google.
It’s really powerful that you can be anywhere in the world and code for the Summer of Code. I find that interesting. I wanted to apply last year, but missed the deadline. At least this time, I’ll have a few proposals submitted. I’ve checked and I haven’t found that many pure math projects either. It’s too bad. There must be a lot of ideas for that. I’ll try to pitch a few, but I think that those kinds of proposals need more time to polish.
I just ran out of time with the looming end of semester.
Speaking of code, I’m starting to really like the WP dashboard. It’s really faster and better than the old one. I’ve already gotten used to it enough to no longer miss the old one. There are tons of little new tweaks that I really like.
Writing these proposals is mentally exhausting.
Tags: asides, blogs, Skellie, skelliewag, writing
Tags: asides, blogs, Buzzfeed, kottke, mullet strategy, technology, user generated content
Tags: big bang, blogs, monday morning power, technorati
I saw this on some blogs, I’m willing to try it
You do not have to be tagged to play along. This game is simple and so are the rules.
1. Copy from *Start Copy Here* through *End Copy Here*
2. Add your site(s) to the list. Just be sure to post the “Big Bang” at each site you add.
3. Tag or don’t tag, your choice, however, the more tags you create the longer the list will grow.
4. Let me know your blog’s name and url by leaving me a comment HERE. I will add you to the master list. (If you would like a scroll box code, leave me your email address and I will email it to you.) Scroll Box Example. (I decided not to use the box for the Big Bang for ease of copying.)
5. Come back and copy the master list back to your site, often. This process will allow late-comers to get as much link benefit as the first ones in. Once you are on the master list people who have participated earlier will update their bookmarks and help everyone lower than them out on the list.