Anil Dash comments on Google’s Microsoft moment since they are going to have multiple competing products lines, ie Android vs Chrome OS.
This is, for lack of a better term, Google’s “Microsoft Moment”. This is the point when the difference between their internal conception of the company starts to diverge just a bit too far from the public perception of the company, and even starts to diverge from reality. At this inflection point, the reasons for doing new things at Google start to change.
Dashes’ suggested related readings
- Google and Theory of Mind, from 2007.
- Google’s First Mistake, from 2003
- John Gruber this week, Putting What Little We Actually Know About Chrome OS Into Context
- A Pre-History of the Google Browser, from Chrome’s launch last year
- Google Web History : Good and Scary from 2007