Just saw that the new Velocite Geos frame weighs 877g in size L. Victor anticipates that the S size will weigh 790g. That’s pretty cool! The prototype frames come in a high gloss finish, necessitating more paint coats, so it can easily shed some weight if it’s got a raw finish instead with clearcoat.
Archive for April, 2010
Tags: Asterisk*Cycles, bikes, cycling, frames, Geos, Lightweight, road, velocite
Tags: Bender, blogs, cartoon, Futurama, replica, robots, Technabob, technology
One of the best things in Futurama was Bender. Sure, the professor was cool, but Bender just had that certain appeal, especially with his robotic drinking and smoking ways.
Tags: Apartment Therapy, blogs, DIY, gadget, gizmos, iFixit, manual, news, repair, technology, unplggd
Recently, iFixit announced that it was going to create easy manuals that would allow everyone to do some DIY repairs on their tech instead of just creating more e-waste. As iFixit’s founder explains, e-waste is becoming a real problem in landfills everywhere.
This is what I tweeted about today…
- 00:15 My Daily Tweets: wp.me/pWvW-3HP #
- 00:29 Gonna watch some Inspector Lynley. Thinking about AX Lightness parts. I’ll probably order a TIME RXR VIP #
- 00:30 Lightweight parts are cool, but they can be problematic when push comes to shove. I’d rather have durable parts that I can beat thoroughly #
- 00:31 Had my first burger in about two months. Didn’t feel good afterward. I won’t be having that again. #
- 00:33 I’m glad I don’t eat that stuff regularly anymore. Didn’t feel good in my stomach and I felt queasy afterward. Must be all of the grease. #
- 00:33 I think I’ll have some more yogurt and nuts. I’m also very thirsty. Must be all of the salt in that crap. AH well. #
- 00:48 Adjusting to life without sugar. I haven’t had any sugar in my tea today. #
- 12:31 Darth Vader Is Your Boss: wp.me/pWvW-3HT #
- 12:35 Dadahack’s TAP3 Is A Great Cassette Tape MP3 Player: wp.me/pWvW-3HW #
- 12:41 It’s dangerous because it creates the illusion of understanding & illusion of control Some problems are not bullet-izable. General McMaster #
- 12:46 This is how it ends with @GovBrewer The blind leading us into a police state. Gestapo is next. #NaziAmerica #
- 13:08 2nd day off sugar. Not so bad. #
- 13:24 @typefiend I dunno. I noticed that since I drink a lot of herbals teas, I consume more sugar. I ran out on Sunday & don’t plan on buying any #
- 13:26 @typefiend My wife doesn’t use any, so I could be off sugar forever. Well, at least in tea. I rarely eat any candy. I’ll give it a whirl. #
- 13:50 @typefiend hmm pastries. I think that sugar masks the taste of drinks. That’s one of the reasons why I’m trying to cut down. #
- 20:16 The Kid Who Didn’t Exist: wp.me/pWvW-3HZ #
- 21:29 Watching a bit of Kick Ass. #
- 23:06 wow, I liked Kick-Ass. Good movie. #
- 23:13 @kristenlubbe well, an 11-year old swears a lot & kills a bunch of bad guys so it’s not for everyone but I liked it I used to collect comics #
Follow me @djrange
Tags: Apartment Therapy, blogs, computer, Dadahack, mp3, player, TAP3, technology, unplggd
We really love cassette tapes. They hearken back to mixed tapes and when music was still plainly analog. However, with iPods, iTunes, and MP3s, it’s hard to remind ourselves how things were before we downloaded music onto our MP3 players. TAP3 is a neat-looking MP3 player that’s got a bunch of different uses.