Fresh on the heels of the boring Twilight craze, and the well-deserved True Blood phase, CW is offering up its latest in teen dramas. Apparently, this show drew 5 million viewers its first night. That’s probably due to Twilight-hype. I can’t stand Twilight. It sucks ass. I couldn’t read the books, but read a review from Dan Bergstein on those Stephanie Meyer books. It was very entertaining. The movie kind of sucked as well.
This is the situation, as I’ve divined it using my psychic powers. The Fox network saw that Twilight was really working well. Wow, maybe vamps are cool again, said one exec. Another said, maybe not, remember Forever Knight. Then, everyone went bonkers for True Blood. The same exec said it confirmed his theory that vamps are back in, notably teen vamps, not crazy sex-addicted vamps. One exec mentioned Teen Wolf, the other slapped him on the back of the head.
So, we need to find a teen vampire series. Wait, my daughter used to read some vampire thingie called The Vampire Diaries in the 90s. Let’s pressure L. J. Smith to write some sequels as an added incentive. That will make it cool!
Warning: spoilers ahead
* * * * *
So Caroline was made a vamp by Katherine. She gets up in the middle of the night. She has her first drink of human blood.
Bonnie is interrogating Elena about the vampires and Katherine. She’s being a bitch. Stefan is giving Jeremy some Verbena.
Carol wants Damon to lead the council. Mason and Ty arrive. Ty tells him about his anger episodes that he has. Damon overhears their conversation and now knows that something is up.
Caroline finds out that her skin will burn in the sun. Her fangs grow and her eyes change. She has her first taste of fresh human blood. She also glamours someone.
Damon and Stefan talk. Damon tells him that the Gilbert Device affected the Lockwoods, but they aren’t vampires. They are naturally werewolves. Mason wants to find some artefact, a moonstone.
Damon and Stefan check out the Lockwoods. Damon arranges a human to have a fight with Ty. He wants to see what happens with Mason.
Caroline comes to see Damon. She shoves him around a bit and tells him that Katherine told her a message: “game on”. Damon immediately tells Elena. The Salvatores talk. Damon wants to kill Caroline.
Stefan watches the fight. Mason pulls some fancy stunt and his eyes change.
Caroline feeds on the dude who was in the fight. Damon is about to stake her when Stefan and Caroline intervene. Bonnie finds them as well. Bonnie turns on Damon. She sets him on fire.
Mason won’t tell Ty about his heritage yet. Mason doesn’t know it, but Ty has found the moonstone already.
* * * * *
- Dan Bergstein blogs while reading Twilight
- True Blood S02E01
- The Vampire Diaries S01E01
- The Vampire Diaries S01E02
- The Vampire Diaries S01E03
- The Vampire Diaries S01E04
- The Vampire Diaries S01E05
- The Vampire Diaries S01E06
- The Vampire Diaries S01E07
- The Vampire Diaries S01E08
- The Vampire Diaries S01E09
- The Vampire Diaries S01E10
- The Vampire Diaries S01E11
- The Vampire Diaries S01E12
- The Vampire Diaries S01E13
- The Vampire Diaries S01E14
- The Vampire Diaries S01E15
- The Vampire Diaries S01E16
- The Vampire Diaries S01E17
- The Vampire Diaries S01E18
- The Vampire Diaries S01E19
- The Vampire Diaries S01E20
- The Vampire Diaries S01E21
- The Vampire Diaries S01E22
- The Vampire Diaries S02E01