Ozzy’s stupid plan works well, since he gets to Redemption and promptly eliminates Christine. Then, he rejoins the merged tribe and Cochran hands back the immunity idol. However, no one believed his idiotic pantomime. Everybody knew that his tribe had evicted him to take care of Christine. The Upolus remained locked together. The next plan involved sending Cochran over as a flip vote to join the Upolus in order to spy for the Savaiis. It worked better than expected, since Cochran spills the beans in a couple of minutes and decides to join them instead of his old tribe. He shares his concerns and plans with Dawn, who likes it initially, but then no longer supports it.
During tribal, the vote is deadlocked. Keith and Rick are nominated. During the second vote, Cochran takes out Keith. However grandiose he believes his move was, it isn’t since he immediately blurts out how he will explain it back at camp to the Savaiis. From the previews, it now looks like the old Savaii despises Cochran and his antics. His move further ostracized him from the tribes but it looks like of all people, Brandon takes him under his wing.
* * * * *
Cochran is pretty happy that Ozzy went to Redemption Island. The rest of the tribe mates don’t think much of him. They also want to send in Cochran as a double agent. He is going to spy on Upolu after the merge.
At Redemption, Ozzy tells Christine that Cochran got the idol and voted him out. He says that they all voted for Cochran and he pulled out the idol, so only his vote for Ozzy counted. It’s somewhat plausible.
It’s the stupidest move I could of done or the craziest, ballsiest move.
It’s time for the Duel. All of the tribes are here. So it’s merging time. Ozzy is a bit too loud and makes too much of a deal about being evicted. Coach doesn’t believe him.
They will use sticks and rope to make a long pole. The pole will be used to retrieve 3 keys. The keys will open a lock. The winner is the one who will go through the door. They adopt 2 different strategies. Christine’s is a bit flimsier and it doesn’t hold up. Ozzy gets his first key but he drops it. He gets it. Christine is making repairs. Ozzy gets the 2nd key. Ozzy has his last key. Christine has none. Ozzy has one lock undone. He’s gotten his second lock undone. Ozzy is through. Ozzy wins the duel. He’s back in the game. Christine is evicted.
The tribes are merged. On the way back, they get a feast. Immediately, Coach talks with Cochran. Coach tells him that he doesn’t believe their story. He even knows that Cochran has got an idol in his pocket. They sent Ozzy to Redemption. It was a gamble, but it was risky. It’s pretty impressive how much Coach has deduced. He tells him that his tribe will vote in one block.
A bit later, Cochran spills the beans. He tells all to Upolu. So now Cochran is a triple agent.
Cochran returns the idol to Ozzy. If Cochran jumps ship, they can pick off the old Savaii one by one.
Cochran tells Dawn that he will vote for Savaii on the first round, but he’ll switch if it’s a tie. Dawn is with him. She saw him being roughly treated by the tribe mates. They get tree mail and Dawn has a cry. She feels like she should have stood up for him before.
It’s time for the first individual immunity. There are 2 necklaces up for grabs. It will be one man and one woman. They will balance on a small perch while balancing a coconut on ropes. At regular increments, they will add more rope, making the balancing act more precarious. Edna and Cochran are out after a few seconds. The others make it into the second round. Whitney is out right away. Sophie is out. Dawn wins immunity.
Coach is out. Rick is out after struggling. Keith and Jim are out. Wow, didn’t expect that. They extend the rope again. Brandon is out. Ozzy wins immunity.
The new tribe is Te Tuna. The old Savaii want to vote for Rick or Sophie. Jim wants to vote for Rick. They double-check that Cochran will vote their way. They decide that they need to play the idol. Whitney will play it. Jim thinks that Upolu will vote for Whitney.
Cochran tells Sophie that the old Savaii will vote for Rick and Whitney will get the idol. Sophie says that she can’t tell him who they are voting for.
Cochran tells Dawn that his preliminary plan is to flip on the second vote. Dawn is now unwilling to flip her vote, at least for now because Savaii has got the two immunity necklaces. She tells him that it’s not right to flip. Cochran isn’t sure what he’ll do.
It’s time for tribal. Albert says that they didn’t believe Ozzy’s spiel. Sophie says that the charade was over the top and pathetic. Ozzy says that they do have the idol.
I don’t do odds. I do Survivor.
After the first vote is cast, Ozzy plays the idol for Whitney. Since Cochran told Upolu what was happening, they didn’t vote for Whitney.
Votes to Evict
They can only vote for Keith or Rick. Rick and Keith won’t vote.
Second Round of Votes to Evict
Keith is voted out by a 5-4 vote. He goes to Redemption.
Cochran turns aJim calls Cochran a coward. Brandon tells him not to talk to Cochran that way. That’s what they get for talking to people like that. Brandon tells Cochran to stay close to him.
From the previews, the fallout for Cochran looks pretty bad. We see Jim and Whitney telling him off. Jim never wants to speak to him again. Whitney says that he threw the whole tribe under the bus.
What matters now is that Upolu has got the numbers, but once again, there is some discord. Albert is running some numbers apparently, but ultimately that would be stupid. Upolu should just vote along tribal lines and get rid of Savaii.
* * * * *
- Survivor China S15E14-15
- Survivor Micronesia S16E14-15
- Survivor Gabon S17E12
- Survivor Gabon S17E13-14
- Survivor Tocantins S18E01
- Survivor Tocantins S18E02
- Survivor Tocantins S18E13
- Survivor Tocantins S18E14-15
- Survivor Samoa S19E01
- Survivor Samoa S19E02
- Survivor Samoa S19E03
- Survivor Samoa S19E04
- Survivor Samoa S19E05
- Survivor Samoa S19E06
- Survivor Samoa S19E07
- Survivor Samoa S19E08
- Survivor Samoa S19E09
- Survivor Samoa S19E10
- Survivor Samoa S19E11 ← recap episode
- Survivor Samoa S19E12
- Survivor Samoa S19E13
- Survivor Samoa S19E14
- Survivor Samoa S19E15-16
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E01
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E02
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E03
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E04
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E05
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E06
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E07
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E08
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E09
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E10
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E11
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E12
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E13
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E14-15
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E01
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E02
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E03
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E04
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E05
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E06
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E07
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E08
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E09
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E10
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E11 <- recap/new footage episode
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E12
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E13
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E14
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E15
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E01
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E02
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E03
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E04
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E05
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E06
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E07
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E08
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E09
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E10
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E11
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E12
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E13
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E14-15
- Survivor South Pacific S23E01
- Survivor South Pacific S23E02
- Survivor South Pacific S23E03
- Survivor South Pacific S23E04
- Survivor South Pacific S23E05
- Survivor South Pacific S23E06
- Survivor South Pacific S23E07