Ozzy’s stupid plan got him evicted in this episode. There wasn’t much that he could do, since he didn’t have an idol (he wasted it on Whitney a few shows back) and he didn’t win immunity. As soon as he got eliminated from the immunity challenge, I knew how it would fall. It went according to plan and Ozzy was sent packing. This episode packed in two full tribals, so Jim tried to save himself but didn’t manage to. He also got sent packing. The Upolus are picking off the old Savaiis pretty quickly. Now that they’ve eliminated the most threatening of the Savaiis, it’s time to finish them off. Then, the game will get interesting once again.
* * * * *
Cochran voted Keith off during the second vote last week. Immediately when they arrive back at camp, Ozzy wants to talk. Cochran says that he wasn’t going to put his fate in picking rocks. Ozzy says that he screwed him over and stabbed him in the back. Jim walks up and says that Cochran is a piece of shit coward, and a poor excuse for a man. He says never to talk to him again. Whitney tells Cochran that she saved him three times with Keith. She’s pissed. She says that he disgusts her and that he threw the tribe under the bus.
Cochran joins the Upolus. Coach is pretty happy the next day. Coach asks Cochran who he’d like to go next. Cochran says that in terms of strategy, he’d like Ozzy to go, but on a personal level, it’s Jim.
It’s time for the next challenge. They will toss coconuts attempting to land them in a ring. The first 4 move on. Then, they will crack the coconuts, make their way through an obstacle tower, and fill up a tube. The first person to fill it up wins immunity. Dawn lands one. Whitney lands one in the second round. Jim and Sophie land one. Ozzy is pissed. Sophie is in the lead. She’s pretty quick. Jim is now in 2nd. Jim pulls ahead with the water level. Jim is just short. Sophie pukes her water up, so she loses immunity because of this. Jim wins immunity.
Brandon tells him alliance that they should vote for Ozzy. Ozzy no longer has the idol.
Dawn tries to cozy up to Coach. Whitney and Jim are commiserating about what Cochran did. Jim says that he will give Ozzy the immunity necklace. Then he’ll make a speech to vote for Cochran. Jim needs two tribe mates to flip and vote Cochran off. He mentions an added benefit of this. The old Upolu won’t have time to talk things over, so they’ll be faced trying to make up their minds on who to vote for.
It’s time for tribal. Cochran says that Jim was the loudest. He says that he wasn’t going to put his fate in drawing rocks. The last time this happened was in season 4. Jim says that time and time again they saved Cocrhan only to be stabbed in the back. Brandon says that it’s poetic justice, compared to their tone in the last tribal. Brandon says that the whole Upolu tribe is standing behind Cochran. That’s a powerful statement. Jim says that he thought about giving the immunity necklace to Ozzy. Jim makes the speech to vote for Cochran. What Jim is saying doesn’t make much sense and Coach doesn’t bite. He says that if they don’t support Cochran, it means that if you stand up for yourself in this game, you get screwed over. He says that he won’t have that. I’m getting to really like Coach this season, way better than in seasons’ past.
Ozzy says that if he goes to Redemption, he won’t have 11 people to feed. He’ll have to look after himself, and that’s it. He’ll get lots of rest, and take them out one by one because they will have to vote some of their own out, including Cochran. Jim keeps the necklace. I didn’t think he was going to take the risk of giving it up.
Votes to Evict
Man, if Ozzy wouldn’t have played the idol, he would have been able to save himself and get Cochran voted out. Jim wrote something that had to be censored on his vote. Ozzy is voted out by a 7-4 vote.
Ozzy arrives at Redemption. Keith knew he was coming. This is like a double episode. Ozzy spends some time exploring the reef. It’s the first time he got the opportunity to explore it. He gets some big fish. The fish is almost 15lbs. They eat some sashimi first.
It’s time for the next challenge for Te Tuna. They are going to stand on a narrow beam while balancing a ball on a wooden bow. At a certain point, they will move forward to an even narrower portion of the beam. The tribe mates who sit the challenge out get to eat. They get pastries and iced coffee. Coach looks mortified because he wanted to compete. Jim, Dawn and whitney will compete. All of the others will eat, including Cochran.
I don’t want to talk, I want to eat.
Jim is the first one out. Dawns says that she will try to stay in the challenge as long as possible so that her tribe can eat. Whatever. This is a last minute ploy to try and save herself form a sinking ship. The eating has slowed. Upolu has finished eating. Brandon likes how well Dawn recovered. Dawn falls. Whitney wins immunity.
Jim tries to get Albert and Sophie to flip their votes. He wants them to vote for Edna. Albert isn’t interested and neither is Sophie. Albert wants to get rid of Dawn because she is more likeable. He asks Coach. Coach sees Dawn as a snake and Jim as a rhinoceros.
It’s time for tribal. Jeff lays it out. It’s between Dawn or Jim. Brandon says that they are being nice because they have to. Otherwise, Upolu will send them packing. They get into a little tiff. Brandon says that none of them are going to falter until the Savaiis are gone. Whitney has a little cry because they are being vilified. Whatever. Poor me and too late.
Votes to Evict
Jim is voted out by a 7-3 vote. That’s how the votes are going to go until the Savaiis are wiped out.
* * * * *
- Survivor China S15E14-15
- Survivor Micronesia S16E14-15
- Survivor Gabon S17E12
- Survivor Gabon S17E13-14
- Survivor Tocantins S18E01
- Survivor Tocantins S18E02
- Survivor Tocantins S18E13
- Survivor Tocantins S18E14-15
- Survivor Samoa S19E01
- Survivor Samoa S19E02
- Survivor Samoa S19E03
- Survivor Samoa S19E04
- Survivor Samoa S19E05
- Survivor Samoa S19E06
- Survivor Samoa S19E07
- Survivor Samoa S19E08
- Survivor Samoa S19E09
- Survivor Samoa S19E10
- Survivor Samoa S19E11 ← recap episode
- Survivor Samoa S19E12
- Survivor Samoa S19E13
- Survivor Samoa S19E14
- Survivor Samoa S19E15-16
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E01
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E02
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E03
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E04
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E05
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E06
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E07
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E08
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E09
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E10
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E11
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E12
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E13
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E14-15
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E01
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E02
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E03
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E04
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E05
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E06
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E07
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E08
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E09
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E10
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E11 <- recap/new footage episode
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E12
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E13
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E14
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E15
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E01
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E02
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E03
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E04
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E05
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E06
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E07
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E08
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E09
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E10
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E11
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E12
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E13
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E14-15
- Survivor South Pacific S23E01
- Survivor South Pacific S23E02
- Survivor South Pacific S23E03
- Survivor South Pacific S23E04
- Survivor South Pacific S23E05
- Survivor South Pacific S23E06
- Survivor South Pacific S23E07
- Survivor South Pacific S23E08