This season starts out with two surprises. Well, not really, but two changes to the game. The first thing is that the two tribes will be living in the same camp. The other thing is that it’s men vs women, kind of like on The Apprentice. Good or bad? In my opinion, it’s mostly good. A bunch of women together is a recipe for disaster. They will immediately start bickering, infighting and just making things go wrong. This is what happens with the ladies. The women are getting worse. It’s quite nice to see their tribe implode. Kat is airhead stupid, not even being able to comprehend simple rules about a challenge. During the immunity challenge, she kept leaping into the water when she didn’t have to, something that the other TM will have trouble forgetting. However, she’s entrenched in her alliance, who won’t vote her off, no matter how stupid she gets. Her comment about never failing because she only tries stuff that she’s certain to succeed is somewhat disturbing as well.
Colton is one stupid kid, he’s got no idea what he’s doing to be honest, but that didn’t stop him from getting an immunity idol. Maybe I’m underestimating him.
The way the women are playing is making the men really overconfident, including Matt and Mike. I’m guessing that Jeff will have to reshuffle the tribes at some point, because if they continue like this, it will just get ridiculous.
Warning: spoilers ahead.
* * * * *
It’s funny how having a bunch of girls together in a confined place, when they’re young, is a calming experience in a group situation, but having a bunch of women is destructive. From the previews, it looked like the Salani tribe would implode in this episode.
Kat isn’t impressed by the claims of the boys taking care of the fire. Michael finds out that Courtney went home with a compound fracture that required surgery.
Christina wants to talk with Alicia. It doesn’t solve anything.
Alicia thanks Christina in her VT for making her look crazy. Alicia is really duplicitous.
Nina looks like a bag of rocks.
The next day, the women try to set some rules. Sabrina is trying to lead but it sounds painful. She’s quite bossy. Then they decide to elect a leader. WTF. It’s ridiculous and it won’t end good.
Managing the airheads is going to be exhausting.
Monica is on water duty. Nina notices that there is a divide between the younger and older members of the tribe.
Nina wants Kat to shut up.
The tribes get tree mail. They get some boxes. They are going to complete a DIY challenge. They need to untie some rings. They are competing for a tarp. Whatever happens, they get to keep the boxes. Manono sits Mike out.
Tarzan is wearing a Speedo. Disturbing.
The boxes are filled with ropes tied in knots. There is a frenzy. Bill is a stand-up comedian and Jay is a model.
The men win. They get the tarp. They’ve also got a shitload of good rope.
We lost that damn challenge and it hurt my soul.
Sabrina sounding stupid
We needed that tarp like a fat kid needs cake.
Sabrina, even stupider
The men start constructing their shelter while Colton looks on and criticizes. The men notice and they aren’t happy.
He’s making Russell look like a freaking schoolgirl.
Jonas about Colton
Instead, Colton goes to help the girls. WTF. He’s an idiot. He’s a marked man. Colton is getting on the women’s nerves. He’s actually messing up their fronds.
Colton is like a virus. There seems to be not a cure for him.
They ask him to leave. That’s great. I like that. He has a cry.
In order for me to make a move, I have to have some girls.
I don’t understand what Colton is thinking. They are so far away from a merge. He’s just an idiot.
Colton comes back again after the girls told him to get lost. Then he starts to cry.
The more he comes over, the more he becomes a jerk by the minute.
Kim tells him that he needs to go because they are two different tribes. He goes to have another sulk.
That night, Colton tells Leif and Troyzan that he will play the immunity idol at the next tribal council. Troyzan thinks that they can get rid one of the muscle man at the next tribal. Jonas is part of the discussion.
Colton went from the first guy out to the ringleader.
Now, Colton tells them his plan of staying close with Mike and Matt to dupe them.
They should have called this Colton’s World, not Survivor.
It’s time for the next challenge. The girls are looking hot in their bikinis. Both tribes will line-up side by side on a narrow beam suspended over water. One tribe member at a time must move across the balance beam. They can only touch one person at a time. They must move all of the tribe members across to win immunity.
Tarzan is sitting the challenge out. Colton has got a little belly. Leif touches two people and has to start over.
She’s got these big old boobs, I can’t get past.
Leif makes it to the end. Kat ends up going behind some girls. Kat and Kim get into the water because they touched two people. Christina touches another girl and Kat has to jump back into the water. Colton is across. Christina is pushed in the water. Kim jumps in as well for no reason. Christina falls in so Monica jumps in to try and start off. Kat jumps in for no reason. The women are falling apart.
Bill and Jay fall in, but it’s a small setback. The men have four across. The men have 3 left. Troy and Mike fall off. Monica is the first one across. Christina tries again. Troy is through. They have 6 across. The men win immunity. The women were in shambles.
It’s definitely the boobs are hard.
Monica is embarrassed about how much of an airhead Kat is. Back at camp, the women have a talk.
Rah-rah a little on the inside.
Sab, again maybe she should read more
Nina is like the walking dead around here.
Nina tells Monica that Kat is a complete idiot and that she is voting for Kat. Monica is so low in the totem pole that she can’t approach the leaders of the tribe because Kat is part of their alliance.
Nina approaches Chelsea about Kat.
Trust me, I’ve felt embarrassed since I got here.
Chelsea tells Kim that Nina is right about Kat. She’s stupid.
It’s time for tribal. Jeff tells them that their tribe is in totally dysfunction right now. He says that they are like a bunch of six graders. Nina says that they are on the outs, which includes Christina and Monica.
What life experiences that Kat brings to the group?
Nina says that Kat isn’t really an athlete because she is stupid and couldn’t handle pressure. Jeff says that it’s between Nina and Kat tonight. Chelsea and Sabrina agree with the fact that they would have a different alliance if they started over. Even Alicia is embarrassed. Kat has a little cry. Kat was also very loud during the challenge, distracting the tribe from the voice of reason, Monica.
I usually don’t try anything unless I know I’m going to succeed
Kat throws Christina under the bus, saying that she is on the outs of the tribe as well. In the flickering firelight, Christina looks smoking hot. I like how natural the girls are looking. There’s no makeup involved.
During the whole tribal council, Kat kept nervously swaying side to side.
Votes to Evict
Nina is voted out by a 6-1-1 (Nina, Kat, Christina).
* * * * *
- Survivor China S15E14-15
- Survivor Micronesia S16E14-15
- Survivor Gabon S17E12
- Survivor Gabon S17E13-14
- Survivor Tocantins S18E01
- Survivor Tocantins S18E02
- Survivor Tocantins S18E13
- Survivor Tocantins S18E14-15
- Survivor Samoa S19E01
- Survivor Samoa S19E02
- Survivor Samoa S19E03
- Survivor Samoa S19E04
- Survivor Samoa S19E05
- Survivor Samoa S19E06
- Survivor Samoa S19E07
- Survivor Samoa S19E08
- Survivor Samoa S19E09
- Survivor Samoa S19E10
- Survivor Samoa S19E11 ← recap episode
- Survivor Samoa S19E12
- Survivor Samoa S19E13
- Survivor Samoa S19E14
- Survivor Samoa S19E15-16
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E01
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E02
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E03
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E04
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E05
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E06
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E07
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E08
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E09
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E10
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E11
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E12
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E13
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains S20E14-15
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E01
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E02
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E03
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E04
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E05
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E06
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E07
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E08
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E09
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E10
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E11 <- recap/new footage episode
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E12
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E13
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E14
- Survivor Nicaragua S21E15
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E01
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E02
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E03
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E04
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E05
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E06
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E07
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E08
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E09
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E10
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E11
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E12
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E13
- Survivor Redemption Island S22E14-15
- Survivor South Pacific S23E01
- Survivor South Pacific S23E02
- Survivor South Pacific S23E03
- Survivor South Pacific S23E04
- Survivor South Pacific S23E05
- Survivor South Pacific S23E06
- Survivor South Pacific S23E07
- Survivor South Pacific S23E08
- Survivor South Pacific S23E09
- Survivor South Pacific S23E10
- Survivor South Pacific S23E11 <- recap/new footage episode
- Survivor South Pacific S23E12
- Survivor South Pacific S23E13
- Survivor South Pacific S23E14
- Survivor South Pacific S23E15-16
- Survivor One World S24E01